Tuesday, July 30, 2013

How To Request a Certificate of Good Standing from the USPTO as a Patent Attorney or Agent


I could not find information on how to request a Certificate of Good Standing from the USPTO when I started searching a few months ago, so I had to write the Office of Enrollment and Discipline for this information. Therefore, I wanted to pass along this information to others. In order to obtain a Certificate of Good Standing from the USPTO OED, you must send a letter to the USPTO requesting the Certificate of Good Standing and a $10.00 processing fee. 

The letter should be mailed to:

Office of Enrollment and Discipline 
Mail Stop OED 
U.S. Patent and Trademark Office 
P.O. Box 1450 
Alexandria, VA 22313-1450

I have embedded a sample letter that you can reference for this purpose

No comments: